This report shows a few notes from the Fargo (ND) - Moorhead (MN) area, from my 1999 summer vacation.
Just a few observations from my vacation from a vacation...:o)
- Related to an earlier thread, there is a 2-state Business Route through Fargo and Moorhead. BR I-94 follows Main Ave through both cities.
- I-94 is 6-lanes now across the Red River and along the stretch between I-29 and US 75, and MnDOT has long-range plans to extend the 6 lane section east to MN 336. At the I-94/I-29 interchange, which used to be a standard cloverleaf, there is now a flyover ramp for SB I-29 to EB I-94 traffic.
- US 81 used to go through Fargo, but is now designated BR US 81.
- US 75 between Breckenridge and Moorhead and most of US 10 between Moorhead and the Twin Cities are good routes for train chasers...:o)
- MnDOT has really worked on a lot of I-94 west of Alexandria, especially westbound. Most of the westbound section has been reconstructed, and the concrete is nice and smooth.
Back to the Roadtrip Report Archive
Back to Magnolia Meanderings
(C) 2007, Adam Froehlig