Interstate Highway 110
|At US 90 in Biloxi, Harrison County|
|At I-10/MS 15 in D'Iberville, Harrison County|
Cities/Towns Over 5,000 Population:
6+ lane segments:
MDOT's Vision 21 System:
|Low Priority from US 90 to D'Iberville/Exit 2
High Priority from D'Iberville/Exit 2 to I-10
Average Annual Daily Traffic Ranges (2004)
|30,000 (Estimated, N of US 90)
54,000 (Across the Back Bay of Biloxi)
42,000 (S of I-10)
Current/Upcoming Projects Listed in the STIP
No projects listed.
- I-110 is a spur route connecting central parts of Biloxi (along the Gulf Coast)
to I-10 (a few miles inland). The route also serves commuter/military
traffic going to and from Keesler AFB. One of the few drawbridges on the
Interstate system spans the "Back Bay of Biloxi", completed in the early 1980s.
Most of I-110 through Biloxi was not completed until the late 1980s.
- I-110 has one of only two overpasses over the CSX railroad mainline (a busy east-west railroad) in Harrison County. However, heading north away from the beach, there is no way to exit I-110 until one crosses the "Back Bay" into D'Iberville.
- Widen to 6 lanes plus some auxiliary lanes.
- Add a U-turn ramp to go from the northbound off-ramp back to the southbound on-ramp at D'Iberville/Exit 2.
- Consider the feasibility of adding ramps to/from the south at Bayview Ave and also at Popps Ferry Rd/Big Ridge Rd.
- Interchange improvements and ramp additions as needed.
|Eastbound on U.S. 90 at the joint southern terminus of I-110 and MS 15 (which duplexes for all 4 miles of I-110). Photo by Alex Nitzman, taken in September, 2000.|
No photographs available for northern terminus
Back to Mississippi Highways
Back to Highway Pictures
Back to Highways Page
Back to Main Page
Last Updated: May 28, 2005
(C) 2005, Adam Froehlig